Thursday 10 March 2011

Something In The Air.

Although the cold has not given up the ghost, creeping as it does around the edges of our recent days, still we are warmed by the defiant sun that holds on to more and more minutes of each passing day like a champion.


We are back to school now and enjoying the brighter mornings, the lingering evenings. Grabbing time outdoors whenever we can. Taking deep lungfulls of Spring, offering our skin to the warming air in tiny increments, willing the sun to find us.
And find us it does, most days.


There is an air of busyness about town, found in the flurries and flocks of birds that climb the sky above our heads, wheeling in joyful dedication, thrilled even more than we are to see the returning light.


And we cannot help ourselves: in our hearts we are soaring with them!

This morning, a crowd of curlews chased one another above the marsh, calling and keening, their wings pale against the dark of the evergreen trees beyond, catching the sunlight and holding on to it for us.


We are climbing up out of the winter circle, out of the slumbering earth.

Breaking forth.
~*~
Today I am grateful to have both Jay and my parents home safely at last.

19 comments:

Laura said...

Slowly, slowly even here in NH...perhaps a bit slower here though...such beautiful images Ciara...I always feel the deepest serenity and joy viewing the world through your lens.

Susan said...

Lovely images,Ciara. Cold is hanging on here in Massachusetts but we are all hopeful for spring. And we all rejoice when we see the blessed sun. Susan

Ellen said...

What a gorgeous blue sky! And yes the change to Spring is here..at last!

Rebecca S. said...

I feel my shoulders lowering as I write...that's what spring does for me. Our spring has been especially tentative this year and so I am all the more grateful for its return which seems to have happened only this week. We had our first crocus open on the weekend!

Millie said...

It is feeling much more like Spring around here, although still chilly (rainy today)....I love every season, but Spring is special.

kimberly said...

First off - as shallow as it may be - I LOVE your profile pic! Absolutely darling my friend~

I am so thankful that spring is on it's way. The grounds are warming and the gardens are being cleaned in anticipation of our beautiful summer gardens. It does look, however, that you are enjoying a bit more sunshine than we are~

Have a marvelous weekend,
xxs

ramona said...

I can't tell you how much my heart is gladdened when ever I find another soul in love and in wonder with the world,

Sara said...

We are feeling it here too. When once I woke to dark in my room, there is light shining through now. The air is warming and the snow is melting. Spring is surly coming. xx

Half-heard in the Stillness said...

Spring is creeping in, hallelujah! You can feel it somehow even on dull days...something about the light somehow.
I love your photo's - ah Ireland land of my ancestors!

Ellen said...

What a blue sky and the clouds in your photos! The sun trying so hard to make a bit of warmth.

Anonymous said...

I know that I've rarely commented, but I'm here today to tell you that I've linked over to you today. Hopefully sending people over to look at all of your remarkable photos. And thank you for putting them up. They are always so lovely.

Anonymous said...

Oh, today's link is here: http://vivelenerd.blogspot.com/2011/03/30-days-of-video-games-day-6.html

Jennifer & Mia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer & Mia said...

Hey Ciara, I've often wandered through your lovely blog and felt a real affinity as a fellow Irish lass, a mother, an artist and a crafter living in rural Ireland and all that that brings. I really appreciate your red work and feel a lot in it so don't under-estimate! My first blog is here: www.woolly-gathering.blogspot.com
Warm wishes, Mia

Paddy said...

Lovely bunch of photos.

gz said...

Back cold and grey today, but a day or two of sun keeps us going

Amanda said...

Now that is my kind of blue! Gorgeous cold, spring sky-water.

Charlie and Caroline said...

yet more amazing photos...

fialka012 said...

Pěkné fotky...